Balikpapan, Borneo Climate & Temperature
- Balikpapan, Borneo, Indonesia is at 1°16'S, 116°54'E, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Balikpapan, Borneo has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Balikpapan, Borneo is situated in or near the tropical moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 26.8 degrees Celsius (80.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1 °C (1.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2539 mm (100 inches) which is equivalent to 2539 Litres/m² (62.28 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Balikpapan, Borneo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Barcelos, Brazil where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate (Tropical moist forest biome).
Balikpapan, Borneo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Balikpapan, Borneo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Balikpapan, Borneo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Balikpapan, Borneo, Indonesia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia - 806.1 kms (500.9 miles) N
- Labuan, Malaysia - 752.8 kms (467.8 miles) NNW
- Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam - 723.2 kms (449.4 miles) NNW
- Miri, Malaysia - 702 kms (436.2 miles) NNW
- Bintulu, Malaysia - 656.8 kms (408.1 miles) NW
- Sibu, Malaysia - 691 kms (429.4 miles) NW
- Kuching, Malaysia - 791.6 kms (491.9 miles) WNW
- Pontianak, Borneo, Indonesia - 852.7 kms (529.9 miles) W
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia - 853.9 kms (530.6 miles) SSW
- Zamboanga City, Philippines - 1075.5 kms (668.4 miles) NNE
- Zamboanga, Mindanao, Philippines - 1073.9 kms (667.4 miles) NNE
- Sandakan, Borneo, Malaysia - 807.4 kms (501.7 miles) N
- Tawau, Malaysia - 624.9 kms (388.3 miles) N
- Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia - 934.2 kms (580.5 miles) ENE
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia - 777.8 kms (483.4 miles) S